Saturday, November 8, 2008

How did it feel to be there?

Kelly asked how it felt to be at the Obama rally Tuesday night in Grant Park. It's hard to describe, but it was more powerful and emotional than I even expected. The moment that it came up on the Jumbotron that CNN was projecting that Obama would be elected President, the emotions just poured out. It's a moment I'll never forget. Here's some video of the moment -- not shot be me, but by someone else in Grant Park that night, and it definitely gives the flavor of what it was like:

2 comments:

Molly J said...

Wow what a great moment in history for the US! It is wonderful that not only could it have taken place in Chicago, but that you were there. I watched it on TV that night but footage from the crowd really shows a different spin on the night. It gave me goose bumps to see everyone so emotional, hopeful, and united. It is definitely an exciting time and I look forward to the changes and improvements we are going to see in the near future. Is there any one moment that you won’t forget or an image that sticks in your mind from that night? Looking forward to the stories on Thursday!

Rebecca said...

This was amazing to see! I had a very similar reaction to Molly, while watching this video and found myself getting goose bumps as well. This election had more of an impact on me than any election in the past, as it was the first time I have voted. It made me feel like I was a part of history, a moment I will always remember. It seems that the people are more united and patriotic under Barack Obama, than ever before, which hopefully will continue on. The clip reminded me of New Years Eve when the clock strikes midnight. Everyone at this time is so optimistic an excited for the future, which I am sure was the same feelings that the people of America felt last Tuesday night.